Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pie on The Porch !!!

A few weeks ago, I entered a pie contest. Now, let me just put this into perspective for you, although most of my friends know I love to bake, I have NEVER made a pie and, in fact I am not much of a PIE fan. I thought it would not only be something fun to do with my mom but, it would introduce me into the world of "food competitions". The main rule of the contest was that you had to use Local Florida Ingredients. So we started brainstorming and came up with "Lula's Key Lime Mango with Guava Whip Cream"(Mmmmmm). Honestly, The first pie I made was DISGUSTING but after tweaking the recipe the third and final pie was DELICIOUS ! I didn't end up winning, and actually all the pies that won didn't include Florida Ingredients, but I'm not bitter about it (well maybe a little). Here are some pics of MY award winning pie (award winning in my mind). Let me know what you think :)


No comments:

Post a Comment