Thursday, August 4, 2011

Trin Trin and Tobago

All big events/accomplishments deserve to be celebrated and it’s for that exact reason I decided to treat myself to a little vacay before I entered a world where vacay's would be almost non-existent. Destination of choice was Trinidad and Tobago! A fellow classmate (JWU peep) calls Trinidad home, and what a better way to see a country than with your very own personal tour guide. This trip quickly turned into a food and "beverage" tour, and well who am I complain, I am on vacation after all. My trini tour guide, Ms. Quan Kep, did not disappoint! It was some of the best food I have ever had followed by some of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen.  From the moment we landed it felt like we were on a eating and drinking marathon. Everything served with a side HOT pepper sauce, and although I found it hard to eat to salt fish and roti for breakfast I still enjoyed every moment of it. Here is a little recap on what we ate and ehhh hmmm drank; Doubles, Carib, Roti, Crispy Pork (the best pork I have ever had), Carib Carib, Shark and Bake, Carib Carib Carib, Instant Coffee (blah although quite delicious when made by Ms. Quan Kep), Pickled Pineapple, Sour Cherries, Coconut Cake, Carib Carib Carib Carib, Ripe Mango fallen off the tree (from floor to mouth), Puncheon, Salt Fish, and Ohh Carib! Below are some pics from my trip - Enjoy!
Fancy Cocktail

Pickled Plums, Cherrys, Mangos, Pineapple

Ms. Quan Kep's Pork

Fruit Stand

Corn Boiled in Coconut Milk

My Best Friend - Carib


Beautiful Beach in Tobago
Sunset in Tobago

Trinidad's Food Truck

Hot dog topped with cheese and garlic sauce

DOUBLES !!!

Cashew


Me and Travel Companions !!!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww !! Lali ! I love it ! Fantastic *wipes away tear*

    ReplyDelete